If you’re not a fan of invasive treatments like lasers and injections, but you follow a proper skin care routine, you should know that there is another way to make your skin feel and looks better.
Facial exercises, aka face yoga, are the au naturel alternative for keeping your face healthy and firm. And as with any other exercise, various moves target different muscles, of course. What you need to know is that consistency is key, and we’re going to show you how to start practicing face yoga.
Here is what you need to know. We’ve compiled a great list of 3 face exercises to strengthen and sculpt your skin.
Your skin, along your jawlines, can start to sag as you age, and that’s perfectly normal. However, if you want to improve your appearance and really see a difference, here is what you have to do:
- Lift your chin and create a taut line between your clavicle and your chin
- Turn your head to the right
- Look up, over your shoulder as high as you can
- Extend out your jaw and stay like that for 5 seconds
- Return to the initial position
This one right here will sound intense, but don’t worry, we have advice from a facial fitness expert!
Here is what you have to do:
- Place the three middle fingers of each hand underneath your eyebrows
- Start pushing your eyebrows up
Cynthia Rowland, the creator of the Facial Magic exercise program, adds:
“Look straight ahead and use your forehead muscles to push down against the fingertips that are holding your eyebrows.”
How cool is that?
- Next, hold for just 10 seconds
- Close your eyes on the 7th second and keep your brows high and tied
- Repeat two more times
Did you know that tension can be noticeable on your face when your neck is tense and really tight? And who would want that?
Luckily, face yoga can help you with that, too. Here is what you have to do:
- Start by tilting your head towards one of your shoulders
- Place your hand on your head
- Pull it closer, but gently, to your shoulder to deepen the stretch
- Repeat for the other side
How does it feel?
For more recommendations, advice, and face exercises, discuss with a specialist!