Sleep is one of the most important things in your life. It’s necessary for normal functioning and proper health. In addition to getting the right amount of sleep and keeping a regular sleep schedule, here are some tips and accessories to help you get better sleep:
1. Buy a comfortable mattress, preferably one that is temperature neutral. A good quality mattress can last for 10 years or more and will provide you with much better, healthier nights’ sleep if you get a quality product over a cheap one. Do not buy mattresses online as they are difficult to return if they are not what you expected.
2. The room should be dark, quiet, and cool. If there is too much light, it can keep you awake at night because it tells your brain it’s time to be awake instead of sleeping. The ideal sleeping temperature is between 60-68 degrees Fahrenheit.3.If your room is noisy, then consider using earplugs or white noise machines which are readily available online or can be purchased from any drugstore in town.
3. Pamper yourself before bedtime. Take some time before bedtime to treat yourself with a hot bath or shower, a soothing massage or an episode of your favorite TV show or movie.
4. No electronics after dinner. Electronics such as tablets, smartphones can keep you up at night if they’re on too late in the bedroom. Turn them off 1-2 hours before bedtime so that you have time to unwind without distractions.
5. Tired of waking up with a sore neck from your uncomfortable pillow? A memory foam pillow is an investment that will last for years and years. They’re made from high-quality materials for your head, neck, and spine that are designed to provide optimal comfort during sleep. The density of memory foam is just right as well – it’s not too soft and not too firm.