Overlapping tasks are very common and most people are not good in handling them. Today, I am going to share with you some tips on how to manage overlapping tasks effectively.
- Take action right away. Procrastination can consume a lot of time and energy which could have been used more productively elsewhere. This can also lead to stress and physical problems like back pain and headaches.
- Treat each task as a separate project. When you try to do two things at one, these two will occupy your mind, and this makes it hard to focus on either of them. This is normal because our brain is just like a muscle that needs time to relax after working hard.
- Prioritize your tasks. If you do not prioritize your tasks, you will never know what should take priority or what is most important to do first. What is even worse is that it will become a mess when priorities change over time. Therefore, it is very important to prioritize your tasks as early as possible in order to avoid chaos and confusion in the future.
- Once you feel that you have finished the first task, take a rest for a moment then focus all your attention on the next task. This is a very effective way of managing overlapping tasks.
- Estimate your time to complete every task separately. In many cases, we tend to underestimate the time we need for a specific activity but overestimate the time for other activities. If you don’t estimate your time correctly then it becomes difficult for you to finish everything within the given time. For this reason, leave yourself some spare time between each project so that you can handle unexpected situations while still completing the projects on schedule.
- Do not start another project until you are done with the current one completely. This is one of the simplest yet most effective tips in managing overlapping tasks effectively.