Candles can be used to create a relaxing atmosphere, but they can also be made into beautiful works of art. Making and enjoying candles can be a family activity. It’s creative, gives you time to spend together as well as having something to show at the end.
Here are some tips to make it easier for you:
- Invest in the right equipment. To make professional-looking candles, you will need the right equipment. You can buy candle-making kits that contain all the essential tools, such as wicks, melting pots and molds. They are particularly useful for beginners, as they provide helpful instructions on how to use each tool.
- Think about what type of candle you want to make. There are many different types of candles available on the market today. Scented, non-scented, floating, and gel candles are just some of the options you have to choose from. This is why it is important to think about what type of candle you want to create before you start making it. Do you want it to have a particular scent? Would you like it to float in water? Do you have a specific shape in mind? Come up with a plan before starting the project.
- Choose a vessel with care – do you want to be able to reuse it afterward? Is it easy to wash out/do you want a vessel that is disposable? How big does it need to be?
- Pick your wick carefully – size matters! If your wick is too small then your candle will burn down quickly, but if it’s too big your candle will burn unevenly and leave a lot of wax behind.
- Consider using colored wax or dyes. If you want your candle to look more attractive, consider using colored wax or dyes when making it.