As a beginner, cooking can seem like a daunting task. But it doesn’t have to be! If you follow these tips and tricks, you will be whipping up delicious meals in no time.
- A great tip for cooking is to invest in a knife sharpener. This will ensure that your utensils are sharp at all times, which will give you the ability to maximize the quality of your cuts. Keeping your utensils up to par is very important when cooking in the kitchen.
- Have all your ingredients ready before cooking. You’ve probably seen chefs prepare all their ingredients before they start cooking. It’s not just for show — it’s because it makes cooking more efficient and stress-free. There’s nothing worse than realizing that you don’t have an ingredient while you’re in the middle of making dinner, so take a few minutes to get everything ready beforehand.
- When deep frying foods, hold the food below the oil with the tongs for a few seconds. Holding the food under the oil for around five seconds will create a useful seal around the food. This seal will work to prevent it from sticking to the bottom of the pan.
- When you are going to crush garlic for a dish, put it in a resealable plastic bag. Then, smash it up with the end of a knife. By doing this, you will prevent your knife, cutting board, and hands from smelling of garlic, which is a smell that is hard to get rid of.
- Our favorite fix for dishes with too much spice is to add some sugar or honey. This helps to take away some of the heat from the spices and makes your dish a little bit sweeter and more balanced.
- Toast nuts before using in any dish as this brings out their flavour and gives them a crunchier texture.