Tons of people make resolutions every year, but not everyone is able to keep them. That’s why I wanted to share these tips with my readers so they can start the new year off strong and keep their resolutions.
Here are the 5 Tips To Start The New Year Off Right:
1. Keep your goals realistic and measurable. If your goal isn’t tangible, how will you know when you’ve achieved it? Answer this question clearly in your mind before making any resolutions at all.
2. Make sure your goals align with each other and with your values. For example, if one of your goals is “I want to save more money” but another is “I want to spend more money on traveling”, you’re setting yourself up for failure from the start. The two goals are at odds with each other and they’re not aligned with any core values.
3. Set achievable goals and break them down into smaller steps. For example, if you want to organize your desk drawers, make a list of each drawer and its contents. Then make a list of what to do with each item: trash, recycle, donate, file or sell/recycle for money.
4. Tackle one project at a time—not all of them at once! Work on one task until it is finished before starting another one. Once you finish your first project, congratulate yourself for your accomplishment and then move on to another project.
5. Exercise! I know this sounds cliche but it is true. It’s not just about losing weight or getting physically fit, it’s also about having time alone with yourself to think about what you really want out of life. You’ll have time to think about your goals and aspirations rather than wasting hours surfing the web for things that only bring temporary happiness.