The holidays are a time of celebration and connection. But with all that excitement, it can also be a time that leaves us feeling exhausted, stressed, and pulled in a million different directions. Here are 5 important tips to help navigate the holiday season with ease and purpose.
1. Prioritize your relationships Use this season as an opportunity to reconnect with those that matter most. Focus on those who support you and uplift you. This is an opportunity to show your love and appreciation.
2. Create a joyful daily practice This can be as simple as making your bed, taking a walk, or listening to uplifting music. Find something that brings you joy and try it every day.
3. Address your stress Stress impacts our well-being and our relationships. Learn to recognize when you are feeling stressed, and to find ways to unwind. Practice deep breathing, meditation, yoga, or exercise.
4. Take care of yourself Make sure to get enough sleep, eat healthy meals, drink plenty of water, and find time each day to take care of yourself.
5. Be present Find ways to enjoy each moment, and to be truly present for those you love.
6. Schedule downtime. Schedule some time for yourself every day. Whether it’s 15 minutes to relax and meditate or an hour to get a workout in, schedule this time in your calendar so that you don’t forget to give yourself a break.
7. Practice gratitude. Spend a few moments each day writing down a few things you are grateful for. By actively practicing gratitude, you may find yourself happier, less stressed, and more present.
8. Get into healthy habits. The holidays can be a wonderful time to enjoy family and friends, and, of course, eat! But it can also mean lots of food, alcohol, and lack of sleep. Eating healthy, nutritious foods will help sustain your energy and keep you feeling full longer.