The volume of your hair is a big factor in how you style it. If you have fine hair, you’ll want to take steps to reduce the amount of body your hair has before styling. Otherwise, if you don’t, your style will just fall flat.
Here are some tips for reducing the volume of your natural hair:
- Use a texturizing spray or gel. You can add texture and volume by spraying or applying a texturizing spray or gel to your hair. This will help keep the curls from falling out as easily, which will help them last longer throughout the day.
- Use a flat iron on low heat. If you want to straighten your natural curls without damaging them, use a flat iron on low heat instead of high heat when straightening. This will make sure that there isn’t too much heat being applied to your curls and causing them to break easily during styling.
- Apply mousse before drying your hair with a diffuser or towel-drying it after washing it. Mousse helps to hold the curl pattern in place so that it doesn’t fall apart as quickly when styling it into different looks throughout the day or night.
- A blow dryer with a diffuser attachment. Blowing hot air on wet hair will cause it to dry into larger bumps. The diffuser attachment is designed to distribute the air flow in a more even way so that you don’t have to use high heat settings on your blow dryer.
- Use a wide-tooth comb to detangle your hair before washing it. This will help prevent breakage and keep your strands from becoming tangled.
- Applying a leave-in conditioner after washing your hair, then using a blowdryer and/or flat iron to smooth out any frizz while it’s damp.