It’s summer and that means the best time to show off your fabulous skin and glowing complexion. Summer is here, and with it comes all the fun of the season — from barbecues and beach days to road trips and pool parties. Whether you’re planning to spend your summer in the sun or hiding from it, there are some beauty tips that will help keep you looking fresh-faced and glowing.
Here are some tips, tricks, and beauty products to help you achieve a sunny glow this summer.
- Use a self tanner. Nothing says summer like a sun-kissed glow. Self tanners are easy to use and can be applied in the comfort of your own home. Plus, they last longer than spray tans!
- Protect your skin from harmful UV rays with sunscreen. When it comes to sunscreen, there’s no such thing as too much! Protecting your skin from the sun is especially important if you have sensitive or fair skin.
- Invest in good quality makeup brushes. Brushes are one of the most important tools in any makeup artist’s kit and finding high quality ones can make all the difference when it comes to application. Investing in good brushes will help ensure you get a flawless finish every time!
- Moisturize with a hydrating gel or cream that includes aloe vera or hyaluronic acid. Apply at least once daily, but always after a long day in the sun (you can even apply before bed if you want).
- Slather on an antioxidant serum before makeup application (especially if it’s going on over moisturizer). This will help protect your skin from free radical damage caused by UV exposure, pollution and other environmental aggressors.
- Avoid using hot water when washing your face! Hot water can cause dryness and irritation in sensitive areas like around your eyes or mouth, so make sure that you only use lukewarm water when washing your face. Also avoid using overly hot towels; they will kill off too many healthy bacteria on your skin!