Bathrooms cost a lot of money to remodel. From tile, to hardware, to layout and lighting, it can get really expensive really fast. But the good news is that there are ways to save on your bathroom renovation without sacrificing style. Here are six tips that can help you renovate your bathroom on a budget and still have the bathroom of your dreams.
- As with any home improvement project, it’s important to plan ahead for your bathroom remodel. While you may have a general idea of what you want your new bathroom to look like, there are many factors to consider before beginning the project.
- Choose one focal point for your bathroom. Your design should revolve around that one focal point and make it the star of the show. For example, if you want a spa-like retreat, create a luxurious walk-in shower with tile floors and multiple shower heads. If you want a traditional or vintage look, go with subway tile or claw-foot bathtub.
- Don’t be afraid to mix high and low prices in your renovations — just make sure they look cohesive and work well together. For example, instead of spending $600 on a light fixture, spend $100 on the fixture plus $500 on an accent wall (like subway tile). This will give you a more luxe look for less money! And don’t forget to keep the rest of your fixtures simple so they don’t compete with your statement piece!
- Of all the fixtures in your bathroom, the sink and toilet are two of the most frequently used. When remodeling these fixtures, think about choosing models that save water in order to reduce your water bill each month. You can also select faucets with motion sensors so that water turns on only when needed.
- Your bathroom will require different types of lighting depending on whether you’re applying makeup or taking a shower. Be sure to install lighting that can be used in various situations throughout the day and night, such as LED lights or dimmers that can be adjusted based on your needs at any given moment.