No matter what time of year it is, there’s always something new to try for making yourself feel better. From new workouts to seasonal foods, discover what you should be doing to stay healthy!
Whether you’re a beginner or a seasoned veteran, here are some tips for staying fit throughout the year.
1. You don’t need a gym membership to get a workout in. There are plenty of exercises you can do at home without a lot of equipment. Try getting rid of the TV and use that time for a workout instead.
2. Incorporate intervals into your workout routine. These are periods when you speed up your pace or challenge yourself with more weight than usual, then go back to your regular workout pace or reduce the weight for a period of time.
3. Try doing different exercises every day when you work out. This will help keep your body guessing, which means it’ll continue to burn calories even when you’re not working out!
4. It’s okay to cheat every once in a while if you feel like it while working out. As long as you work hard on every set, it’s okay if you don’t go to failure on every single one.
5. Make sure that you have enough protein in your diet each day to maintain muscle mass and prevent muscle loss. If you’re not consuming enough protein, chances are that your metabolism will slow down so much that it’ll be easier for you to gain weight than to lose it.
6. When you’re just starting out on a fitness regimen, it’s important that you take it slow. You might want to run a marathon or go from couch potato to triathlete overnight, but this is not a good idea. Start off with easy exercises like walking and simple strength training exercises. Gradually work yourself up to more difficult routines like running and intense weightlifting sessions.