If you have trouble getting into the holiday spirit or just don’t know where to start, here are some tips on how to decorate your home.
- Have fun with it! This is one of the most exciting times of the year so you want your house to reflect that. With a few simple tips, you can create a magical atmosphere at your home.
- Start small. Don’t go overboard right away. Start by decorating just one room and then work your way around to each room in your house. Once your house is decorated, use different colored lights throughout each room as well as a variety of different ornaments such as wreaths, garland, bows etc.
- Make lists and check them twice! Everyone loves making lists, especially during this time of year. From making shopping lists to working on decorating your home and wrapping gifts there are plenty of things to do and making lists will keep you organized so everything gets done in time for Christmas.
- Keep your holiday decor looking festive in an easy way by adding some small touches of green throughout your home and office. Adding a few branches of spruce or pine from your yard or some potted hollyhocks can really make a difference! They add a sense of holiday cheer without being overwhelming. Fresh evergreens are available throughout the winter months at grocery store florists’ counters. The staff there can help you work out which plants will grow best in your area.
- Christmas lights are the perfect way to add sparkle and light up any window or room. When choosing Christmas lights, consider how many strands will be needed and what colors will best complement your décor. If your home requires a lot of lighting, consider using LED lights, as they use less energy than traditional holiday lights. Other things to consider when purchasing Christmas lights include their durability and their length of stringing wire.