Breathing is the process of inhaling oxygen and exhaling carbon dioxide. However, what do we really know about it? We know we need oxygen in order to survive, but there is more to it than we may think.
There are many quotes on the internet about breathing that can help you relax or simply realize other people in this world struggle as well. Here are my favorite quotes:
- Just breathe.
- Breathe. Let go. And remind yourself that this very moment is the only one you know you have for sure. – Oprah Winfrey
This quote is so hard to understand sometimes, especially when you find yourself struggling in life. Life happens. However, if there is one thing for sure, is that you are alive in this very moment. Letting go is a different story, a hard road to overcome.
- Inhale the future, exhale the past.
Well, this is a nice way of seeing things in life. I will try to remember this quote when in difficult situations that I can’t change.
- The trick to life is to just keep breathing. – Johnny Lung
I think the author of this quote means this in a literal and metaphorical way. At least, that’s the way I like to think about this quote.
- When the breath is unsteady, all is unsteady; when the breath is still, all is still. Control the breath carefully. Inhalation gives strength and a controlled body; retention gives steadiness of mind and longevity; exhalation purifies body and Spirit. – Goraksasathakam
- The wisest one-word sentence? Breathe. – Terri Guillemets
- If you woke up breathing, congratulations! You have another chance. – Andrea Boydston
Life is a gift, although sometimes we don’t see it that way.
- Breathe; it’s just a bad day, not a bad life.
- Whenever I feel blue, I start breathing again. – L. Frank Baum
- Just breathing can be such a luxury at times.
The unknown author may refer to this quote metaphorically. However, it really is a blessing to breathe when you struggle with panic attacks and asthma.
- The ability to breathe is a gift. Wake up grateful each day for that gift. – Johnny Lung
- Conscious breathing heightens awareness and deepens relaxation. – Dan Brule
- Smile, breathe, take it slow, and live a happy life. – Johnny Lung
- What can we do but keep on breathing in and out, modest and willing, and in our places? – Mary Oliver
- Life isn’t measured by the number of breaths we take but by the moments that take our breath away.
I’m in love with the quote. I don’t know about you, but I’ve had some moments in my life that took my breath away, metaphorically. The moment when you experience complete awe, that moment can’t be compared to anything else.
- Deep breathing brings deep thinking, and shallow breathing brings shallow thinking. – Elsie Lincoln Benedict
- It can still be a good day if the only thing you did was breathe. – Johnny Lung
- I wake up every day and think, “I’m breathing! It’s a good day.” – Eve Ensler
- Breathing well means breathing more slowly and deeply. Relax, feel your breathing, and breathe comfortably. Once aware, it naturally becomes deeper and slower. – Ilchi Lee
- Breathing in, I calm my body and mind. Breathing out, I smile. Dwelling in the present moment, I know this is the only moment. – Thich Nhat Hanh
- Whenever you’re feeling down — just breathe. Everything will work its way out in the end. – Johnny Lung
Here are some of my favorite quotes. There are others that I like, but I’ll stop at these for now. Breathing is more than an exchange between the world and our organism. It is vital to breathe and breathe correctly.