If you’re a movie lover, there’s nothing worse than losing your place in a film while dozing off. The first step to getting over this problem is to realize that it’s not a big deal. Most people fall asleep watching TV or movies, but that doesn’t mean they’re lazy or uncultured. It just means they’re tired and have other things going on in their lives.
The good news is that there are many ways to prevent yourself from falling asleep while watching TV or movies. Try these tips:
- Take a nap before watching your favorite show. This will help you stay awake and alert through the beginning of the program, which is typically where people start nodding off.
- Drink a cup of coffee or similar caffeinated drink about an hour before sitting down for your show.
- Adjust your schedule so you get enough sleep. Sleep experts recommend at least eight hours of sleep each night for adults, but many people don’t get that much. If you’re tired during the day, try getting more sleep at night instead of taking naps during the day.
- Keep your eyes moving around the screen by looking up every few seconds and then back down again. This will make sure that you don’t get stuck staring at any one spot for too long without blinking.
- Don’t eat right before bedtime. A full stomach can make it harder for you to stay awake while watching television or movies, so wait an hour after eating before going to bed so your body has time to digest the food properly.If you’re a movie lover, there’s nothing worse than losing your place in a film while dozing off.
- Stay hydrated. Dehydration is one of the biggest reasons people have trouble staying awake. Drink plenty of water before and during your movie so you stay hydrated.