If you’re like most people, you probably have some New Year’s resolutions for 2023. That’s great! But it’s possible that your resolutions could use a little improvement.
Here are some surprising New Year’s resolutions that will actually make the rest of your life better:
- Resolve to have more fun. Don’t get me wrong — there’s nothing wrong with setting goals and working hard toward them. But if you spend every waking hour trying to achieve things that don’t feel meaningful, you’ll end up feeling exhausted and dissatisfied with your life.
- So take time for yourself every day, even if it’s just a few minutes here or there. Take walks, read books, watch movies or shows that make you happy — whatever it takes to recharge your batteries so you can face the challenges ahead.
- Buy yourself flowers. When was the last time you bought yourself flowers? Probably never. But there’s no better way to start 2023 than with a bouquet of blooms (or even just one). Flowers are a great way to boost your mood. They’re also a great way to give yourself a gift or reward yourself for all your hard work over the past year.
- Spend less time on social media. Social media sites like Facebook and Instagram are fun ways to connect with friends, but they can also be time-consuming distractions from paying attention to other important things in life.
- Stop drinking soda. Soda is a serious drain on your wallet and waistline. If you’re looking to save money, cut back on the sugary drinks and replace them with water, tea or coffee — all of which are healthier options.
- Resolve to be more patient with other people. This is especially important if you tend to be impatient in certain situations (for example, when someone else is driving). Being patient doesn’t mean never getting angry or frustrated; it means being able to control those emotions so they don’t control you.