It’s holiday time and you’re ready to work from home. But before you crank up a fire in the fireplace, brew some coffee and settle in with your laptop, there are some things you need to consider.
Working from home is different from working in an office with all its distractions. When you work from home, your home becomes your workspace. This means that you need to make sure that it’s set up for productivity and comfort. Here are six tips for making your ‘work-from-home’ space holiday ready:
- Keep it clean. When you’re working from home, it’s easy to let clutter build up around you. If someone is coming over, make sure your desk area is clear of papers and other items that could distract them from what they came there for — namely, yourself!
- Tidy up those wires! There’s nothing worse than having a friend or family member trip over all of your wires while they’re visiting your space. Make sure that all of your cables are tucked away neatly so that no one gets hurt when walking around in your office!
- Set a nice ambiance for guests with some holiday decorating! If you have some spare time before guests arrive, make sure that your workspace looks festive by hanging some holiday lights around the room
- Set up a dedicated workspace. Make sure that your desk or table has enough room for both your laptop and everything else that goes along with it — phone chargers, pens and pencils, notepad, etc. You should also have room on either side of the desk so that you can easily reach them if needed (even if it means moving things around).
- Get a desk light. If you plan on working in your home office during the holidays, it’s important to stay productive throughout the day. To do so, you should invest in a desk lamp that provides enough light for reading and writing documents.