It’s hard to get excited about going to the gym when you’re really tired or it’s dark and cold outside. But in order to achieve your fitness goals, you need to be consistent with your workouts, even on days when you feel like skipping them.
Here are some tips for getting back into the gym when you’re feeling unmotivated:
- Set specific goals. If you don’t know why you’re working out or what you want to achieve with your fitness routine, then it’s unlikely that you’ll stick with it for very long. So make sure that your goals are specific and measurable. This way, when you look back at what you’ve accomplished in a few months or years from now, it’ll be easy for you to see how far you’ve come.
- Create a routine. The more consistent your workouts are, the easier they become over time — and the less likely it is that an off day will derail your efforts completely. That’s why creating a routine (or following one if there is one already) is key to success when it comes to staying motivated about working out.
- If your schedule is unpredictable, try scheduling your workouts into your calendar — that way they’ll show up on your phone’s home screen as an appointment and be harder to miss.
- If worse comes to worst and you find yourself unable to fit in one of your scheduled workouts for the week, reschedule it and stick with that new time slot instead of skipping out altogether. The more consistent you are with your workouts, the easier it will be to keep up when life gets in the way!
- Try new things! If something isn’t working for you anymore, try something else instead! It might be time for a change — whether it’s an exercise program or even just switching up your routine once in awhile so that you don’t get bored with the same old thing every day.