Hosting a party can be scary. You want to make sure that it’s going to run smoothly and that people will have a good time. It’s probably one of the reasons why so many people avoid hosting parties in the first place, so here are some tips to make it all easier:
1) Awesome appetizers! Skip the stale cheese and crackers. Try making a savory tart or a small casserole bite instead.
2) Fresh flowers! You don’t have to spend a ton of money here—just pick some up at the grocery store. A few small bouquets placed around the room go a long way towards making your party feel elevated.
3) A signature cocktail! This is an easy way to get people talking and create a theme for the evening. My personal favorite is a bourbon sour—a little bit sweet, but with a surprising kick! It’s also pretty easy to mix up without spending too much money.
4) Develop a theme for your party. Whether it’s a Star Wars-themed meal or an all-you-can-eat buffet, themed parties are fun because they allow attendees to let out their inner child.
5) Make your dinner party memorable by setting up a photo booth! Print out some fun printable props (there are tons on Pinterest) and put them in a basket on your table. Set up your phone on a tripod near the wall with a cute backdrop (you can make one using wrapping paper) and have guests take turns posing for photos with their friends as they eat.
6) Don’t forget about the kids! Include some activities for parents’ kids so that parents can relax and enjoy themselves while also making sure their children are having a good time.
The best thing about these tips is that they apply to parties of any sort, not just dinner parties. So whether you are looking for some inspiration on how to throw the best cocktail party ever or are looking for some ideas on whipping up a fabulous Fourth of July barbecue, hopefully these tips will help you make your next get-together unforgettable.